Pilates Power Gym
Using a Pilates Power Gym is a great way to get the benefits of a Pilates workout without paying for an expensive gym membership or private lessons on a reformer.
The Pilates Power Gym is a small, in-home version of a Pilates reformer.
It uses a combination of resistance and your body’s natural movements to all your muscle groups show in a long, slow movements that you can learn in a few minutes.
This can move everyone classical Pilates, do a simplified version without any learning curve.
Features Available on the Pilates Power Gym
The Pilates Power Gym is basically a large padded board that slides along a track.
It can be adjusted to different heights for different exercises and more challenging movements. Users can do simple, intuitive movements that are also known to be very effective in toning and shaping of the body.
And the following features:
- There are multiple levels of inclination, so you each exercise suit to your ability.
- This machine has four built-in variable resistance leads to more challenging movements.
- You will have additional foot straps connected to one end of the board with cables, allowing the person to work with the help of the machine by means of a wide range of exercises with either hands or feet.
- There is a head restraint that you can fold out. This makes it possible to lie down comfortably on the board.
- There is a push-up bar with handles on the other side of the machine.
- The machine has wheels mounted on the frame in order to make it easy to move around.
The frame of the equipment is made of carbon steel, which is durable and can hold up to 300 pounds, and it folds for easy storage in a closet or under the bed.
If it is mounted, the Measures 56 x 17.75 x 13 inches (W x H x D) and weighs 61 pounds; but the wheels make it relatively easy to move it if you need to store it somewhere and you can take it easily out when you want to use it.
What Can You Do with The Pilates Power Gym?
If you decide to try the Pilates Power Gym, you will see the fully assembled machine, it comes with an exercise DVD, and a diet plan that can help you to lose weight in an easy and structured way.
The Power Gym also comes with an exercise and nutrition guide and an 8-week progression graph tracking sheets, along with exercise and conditioning program.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Pilates Power Gym
There are numerous reformers on the market. Make an informed decision about whether the Power Gym or another alternative is for you, consider the pros and cons of the Pilates Power Gym. Read my other article on the 5 Best Pilates Reformer Machines.
- Limited learning curve: Even someone who has never used a reformer or done Pilates can learn to use this machine in a few minutes.
- Easy to move: The hidden wheels can be easily moved to the machine so you can store it out of the way when not in use.
- No installation: The machine is delivered fully assembled, so that you can use right out of the box.
- No delay between exercises: You can quickly switch from one exercise or resistance to another, so there is no delay when you work out.
- Compact size: The Power Gym is smaller than other reformers, so it fits in small homes and apartments.
- Ramp mode: The ramp-added feature means that you can continue to get the resistance of the machine as you improve.
- Size: When the machine is billed as being able to fit people to 6-feet 2 in height, a lot of people from 5-feet, 6-inch, and have found larger they are not able to get full range of motion. Other, heavier users find it difficult to balance on the narrow board.
- Limited routines: If you are an experienced athlete who practices Pilates regularly, it may be that the machine is too narrow for your use. While Pilates is moving more than 500, the Power Gym is only a fraction of them.
- Unstable bar: Some users have reported that the bar is not stable like this for squats on a slope.
Getting started in Pilates at home with the Power Gym
The goal of Pilates Power Gym is getting a strong, well-formed and flexible body, to release energy, improve stamina and posture.
It is a practice method for the whole body. Especially the muscles around the abdomen, back and pelvis are trained by use of the power center. Posture, breathing and coordination may improve quickly.
It provides enhanced and deeper breathing which the heart is strengthened and you get more energy.
Pilates is Popular
Pilates is rapidly gaining popularity. Companies let their employees for example, do this training so that they are fitter and better performance. Many Hollywood stars are big fans of Pilates and Power Yoga.
Pilates Power Gym brings mind and body in balance, your posture improves, increase your concentration and energy, forms and provide your body and reduces stress.
Many people suffer from burn-out and unwind with this form of training.
The Goal and History of Pilates
Pilates is a training for mind and body, developed by Joseph Pilates.
Because he was a frail boy, and had poor health at an early age, he experimented with all kinds of sports and yoga to make his body stronger.
Monitoring and proper implementation are central: the breathing and consciousness to work the right muscles, form the basis of each exercise.
As a result, you develop long muscles and flexible joints plus a stronger body into balance.
All Pilates exercises start from building strength in your powerhouse or center, this is the abdomen, pelvis and lower back.
The muscles that are closest are trained in the skeleton so that your body will be flexible the whole time.
Pilates is done with tension in the abdominals and pelvic floor, the breathing is deep and wide through the rib cage so you do not lose your powerhouse.
The ideal position is neutral, which means that you let your spine in its natural curvature, the head of its extension and pelvis places without tilting forward or backward.
All this to train the back muscles to support your spine in its natural position.
Of course, each other back and serve exercises and postures to be adapted to each person’s body type, the spine is made flexible in all directions: flexibility, extension and rotation are the main goals for a flexible back in every lesson.
All these moves will make you learn to move the vertebrae (backbone) one by one.
When the pressure is relieved on the vertebrae, as a result you will feel as if it were bigger and lighter.
But not only the abs and back is trained, the whole body is covered.
The arm muscles and leg muscles are stretched and elongated, the joints are relaxed.
Your skeleton is supported thanks to Pilates by the muscles. Since the exercises pursue perfect posture your body into balance: left, right, front and behind, above and below.
The Benefits of Pilates
Pilates provides dozens of benefits to the practitioner who trains regularly and with precision. Below are the main benefits of Pilates:
- The practitioner gets increased lung capacity and better blood circulation through deep breathing.
- Muscle strength and flexibility are improved, especially the trunk muscles.
- The spine is flexible and can anymore.
- Around the pelvis, the body is much more stable.
- Coordination, both muscular and mental, is improved.
- Bones become stronger and joints more flexible.
- Pilates exercises provide a balanced development of all muscle groups.
- Regular exercise will improve your posture, you will sit down correctly and move smoothly and gracefully.
- Increased lung capacity and circulation through deep, healthy way of breathing is an important advantage. Furthermore, the abdominal and back muscles are strengthened and posture, balance and improved control over the body.
The Story of Pilates
Joseph Pilates meant to help war veterans in their rehabilitation. These people were often disabled or injured and could not follow a regular exercise program.
He studied different types of exercises and pulled out yoga and aerobics exercises that physically presented no restraints
The exercises are very effective to burn energy to be nimble and to develop complex muscle groups. There are more than five hundred different exercises.
Most people choose to do certain series of exercises that cover the major muscle groups of the body.
Almost all exercises lead to weight loss.
There are also breathing exercises.
These exercises are aimed to bring oxygen to the blood. As a result, the absorption of oxygen increases and toxins are excreted more rapidly from the blood.
Pilates offers include exercises that you exhale all the oxygen out of your lungs with strength, after which you have laid a foundation for highly beneficial inspirations.
This makes the whole body gets more oxygen and will burn energy faster.
Difference between Yoga and Pilates
Of course you read a lot of similarities between Yoga and Pilates. If you train in both your mind and your body, your breathing is very important.
Resistance training with your own body form the basis of the two and you get into good physical and mental balance.
So many of these things you encounter when you do yoga practices, there are substantial differences between Pilates and yoga:
With Yoga the biggest impact that it faces inward. Your mind is central, where you meditate and breathe.
The entire health is devoted to yoga, not just good exercises and breaths but also healthy food.
Pilates is all about improving your core, your core muscles around your waist. This means you will be in a better overall physical condition with increased flexibility.
You improve stability and get and develop a better attitude.