Indian Salad with Pappadums
This salad is served with pappadums, crispy Indian ‘pancakes’. This gives the salad a little extra bite, so that it feels more like a salad. Pappadums are made from lentil flour and salt, so there are no more crazy things. Surely a healthy choice!
Indian Salad with Pappadums Recipe
What do you need for 2 people?
- 4 pappadums
- Washed lettuce
- 1 tomato
- A large piece of cucumber (peeled)
- One half avocado
- 1 spring onion
- 1 large pickle
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Half tablespoon rice syrup (or honey / agave)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
How to make this delicious dish?
- Prepare the pappadums according to package directions.
- Cut the avocado, tomato, pickle, cucumber and spring onions.
- Place the poppadoms on two plates down.
- Divide the salad this.
- Make the dressing: Stir the tahini, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, cayenne pepper and rice syrup well.
- Divide the dressing over the salad on plates.