Vegan Mac and Cheese
This is probably not the healthiest choice around but it sure is healthy and it is vegan.
Instead of cheese we will use with nutritional yeast flakes. This will be our replacement of cheese and thus won’t make this dish very heavy.
Even though cheese contains a lot of healthy elements, though too much of it can make you very fatty.
You can buy nutritional yeast flakes at your local health stores or online.
When you open the package, it may look like sawdust, but be assured that you can make a lot of healthy recipes with this.
Do I got your attention now?
Great, let’s get started with our Mac and Cheese
What do you need for a serving for 4 persons?
If you are with two, you can put the half of it in the fridge for another day.
- 450 grams of pasta
- 1 1/4 cup water (10.48 oz +/-)
- Vegetable milk 1 cup (8.45 oz +/-)
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric / turmeric
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp miso (optional)
- pinch of black pepper
What should you do?
- Cook the macaroni according to package.
- While the pasta is cooking you blend all other ingredients in your blender.
- Drain the pasta and add the sauce to the pasta in the pan in which you have cooked the pasta in. Let this boil together a bit and continue to stir well.
- Your mac ‘n cheese is ready when a thick sauce begins to form. (You can always add a bit of water.)