Mexican Chili and Guacamole
I have always been a fan of Mexican food for several reasons.
First, I love the country. Haha no but Mexican food is really simple, healthy and it will not hurt your wallet.
There is a lot of variation in the Mexican cuisine. So for this one I chose Chili with Fresh Guacamole.
It’s easy and quick to make, really so fast proof.
Often we associate food that can be made very fast with unhealthy food. But that is not the case with this recipe.
It is a recipe that you can make in a very short time and ideal for all kinds of weather.
This recipe is for two large servings of Mexican Chili and Guacamole
What do you need?
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped mini)
- 1 half paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- One half tablespoon dried coriander
- One half tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotlepowder (difficult to get, sometimes you get it at a specialty store, but you can replace it with cayenne powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can kidney beans (not sauce!)
- One half cup corn
- 1 can (135 oz) tomatoe purée
- salt to taste (according to your own preference)
- fresh coriander
- Natural bag of tortilla chips (preferably from the health food store)
- 2 avocados
- One half lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
What should you do?
- Sauté the onion for about 8 minutes in a pan.
- Next, add all the spices, garlic and pepper (diced) add a small amount of water.
- Add after a minute add all other ingredients. Please note that for the tomato purée you need a little mash in the pan.
- Boil for 10 minutes. (Meanwhile, make the guacamole)
- Serve onto plates and serve with guacamole, fresh coriander and tortilla chips.
How to make the guacamole:
- Peel and remove the pit of the avocados and place them in a food processor.
- Press half a lemon above the avocados and add 1 teaspoon garlic salt.
- Run the food processor until it becomes smooth.
- I love the Guacamole and you can put a bit aside for another day to eat with tortilla chips!